Top 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Juvederm
Juvederm is a cosmetic procedure done on women to ensure they look younger. It is mainly used to get rid of wrinkles. It is not a surgical procedure making it popular especially among women. There are some things you may not know about Juvederm. Apart from the obvious, there is information that will assist you to understand the procedure better.
If you want or need BergenCounty facial injectables and you plan on getting Juvederm, there are some instructions you should know about. The biggest advantage of the procedure is that it takes less than an hour to complete. The following is a list of things you should consider:
• Avoid making any exaggerated facial expressions after the procedure. This is the time you should avoid laughing or even watching hilarious shows
• Using daily facial products and wearing make-up to an extent is fine. However, you should refrain from pressing down firmly when you apply such products.
• Avoid poking or touching the affected area
• Do not take excessively steamy baths nor should you go to a sauna
• Tanning (natural or artificial) should be avoided at all costs. It is better to avoid the sun as much as possible
• Spa treatments should be avoided after the procedure, but only for a short time
Juvederm is considered to be safe by some surgeons because it is rare for patients to experience problems after the procedure. In fact, some doctors have proven that negative effects are a result of the patient’s negligence and not the product. Getting an injection that does not move deeply enough may be the cause of negative reactions. Even though the cases of side effects are minimal, the most usual cases are gel spreading to unwanted areas, lumps forming beneath the skin and swelling.
The whole procedure involves filling up creases and wrinkles with a gel. Unlike other gels, Juvederm has a higher chance of spreading evenly under your skin. This is one of the reasons why it is considered to be highly effective. If you are concerned because your creases and wrinkles have varying degrees of severity, this product will alleviate your concerns. Juvederm has three different levels; 18, 24 and 30. The gel is injected deeper into your skin depending on the number. 30 is the deepest while 18 is the shallowest.
Cosmetic medical procedures are usually not covered by insurance and can be quite costly. Even though dermal fillers such as Juvederm may seem expensive, they are less invasive and more affordable than a face-lift. This product is sold by the syringe, and the cost is anywhere from $300 - $1,000. Take note the prices shown are the average cost in the US. They are subject to change depending on supply and demand of the product.
It is common for one syringe to be sufficient. However, there are cases where a second syringe may be required. Some practitioners offer discounts on the second syringe. You should consider this when you are looking for a doctor to carry out the procedure.