7 Things You Should Know While Buying Kids Clothes
Parents may consider their children’s wishes while buying clothes, but they should focus on the functionality of the clothes too. Kids are too choosy about every small thing whether it is eating something or wearing clothes. They always want something comfortable & attractive. And, this results into one of the most arduous tasks - Buying clothes for them.
In this article, I’m going to share some tips on how to do smart shopping while buying clothes for your children. You’d wonder, How do I know how to shop smart? It's just experience of many years which I’ve learned from making several mistakes.
So, here are a few tips that you should remember while buying children's clothes wholesale. Once you’ve read them, you can also share your tips and ideas!
1. The first thing you’d do is taking stock of your kid’s wardrobe. It happened many times that I came home with shopping bags full of lovely stuff for kids, but this was either not enough of what I actually needed or the stuff was duplicated with the clothes they already had. So, go through your kid’s closets and weed out the stuff which is of no use - like outgrown clothing, socks, pajamas and underwear. This will help you know what do they actually need.
2. The next tip is to take your kid’s measurements. This is especially important if your naughty kid has limited tolerance to try out the stuff at the store. If your child is out of the average weight or height for his age, clothes may not easily fit. So, taking measurements will save you hours of trying the clothing and you’ll be able to buy the clothing easily via web or catalog.
Also, if you are not pretty much sure about the size then always buy kids clothes in a slightly larger size. Even if your child can not wear clothes now, at a later stage, it will be appropriate for him.
3. Some of the kids can express their own wishes when buying clothes. And parents primary concern might be buying the perfect sized & quality clothes. Some parents buy the children’s clothing which is not fashion-focused, but they are very functional.
It’s all up to you, what you would like for your children but according to experts functionality should always be at the first place.
4. Spend a few minutes on the store’s website educating yourself about current styles and prices. Some stores offer discounts online that aren’t available in stores, but you can still get those discounts if you’re savvy enough to ask. While shopping at the online stores, you should always check the store’s return policy. In case, you require returning the products you should know the terms and conditions.
5. Sometimes, you buy the separate clothing and they match with the outfits available at the store. Here’s where your first step will pay off, because you’ll have in mind styles and colors already sitting in your kid’s drawers at home, and you can buy separates to match. Everything else you buy should mix-and-match as well.
6. Once you find the clothing that is comfortable, fits well and looks good, you can buy that more than one in a different color. But remember, your kids are still growing; don’t overbuy in your rupture.
7. At times, your decision-making ability can fail in the frenzy of shopping. But once you’re back home, it is good to lay out your purchases, match them with the clothes your kids already have, and decide what works and what doesn’t. If you find one or two items that don’t work, they go straight back into the shopping bag for return/exchange with the tags still on.
Thus, selecting the clothes for children requires too much time & effort. But with these tips in mind, I’ve come up with a system that works pretty well for my children and my budget.